We are pleased to announce that SQLCipher 4.4.2 is now available. It includes the following important changes:
- Improved error handling to resolve potential corruption if an encryption operation failed while operating in WAL mode
- Changes to OpenSSL library cryptographic provider to reduce initialization complexity
- Adjusts PRAGMA cipher_integrity_check to skip locking page to avoid a spurious error report for very large databases
SQLCipher Commercial and Enterprise
The following changes and enhancements are available for Commercial and Enterprise packages:
- non-FIPS macOS, iOS, and Mac Catalyst packages have been updated to support build and execution on new Apple Silicon (arm64) devices
- the minimum SDK for macOS packages using a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module is now 10.9 to enable signing and notarization
- all packages now enable the DBSTAT Virtual Table to expose useful information about databases for analysis
Commercial and Enterprise - On-demand access to new releases of SQLCipher packages are available to all licensees with an active support subscription from the Customer Downloads fulfillment site. Licensees will also receive a separate email notification regarding the update and can contact us at any time for private support directly from the SQLCipher development team.
Community Edition - SQLCipher Community Edition source code is available on GitHub, via AAR packaging for Android, and CocoaPods for iOS.