Import your Keeper data into Codebook
You can import your passwords and other data from Keeper into Codebook for macOS.
This feature is only supported on macOS. Use the Sync feature to access your imported data on Android, iOS, and Windows.
How it works:
- Your logins and passwords stored in Keeper will be converted to Entry records in Codebook
- Codebook will create new Categories that correspond to your folders in Keeper
- Any records without a folder will be placed in the Keeper Import folder
The Keeper export file does not contain Identity and Payment Information.
Step 1: Export your data from Keeper
Caution: You are about to export your passwords into an unencrypted file on your computer! We recommend temporarily disabling any backup software you use to avoid creating a backup of the unencrypted file.
- Log into Keeper Security Password Manager
- Click on your Username > Settings > Export and next to Export to .csv File click on Export Now
- You will be prompted to enter your Master Password; enter it and click on Export Now to save the CSV file
Step 2: Import your data into Codebook
- Launch Codebook on your Mac and sign in
- Select File menu > Import > Import Keeper CSV...
- In the Open dialog, select the file you generated using Keeper's Export feature and click Open to import your data into Codebook
Step 3: Clean Up
- Delete the unencrypted CSV export file from Keeper on your computer
- If you had disabled your backup software, resume it now
Now you're ready to get started using Codebook!
If you are having trouble importing your data or have other questions, please contact Codebook Support.