Import your Enpass data into Codebook
You can import your passwords and other data from Enpass into Codebook for macOS.
This feature is only supported on macOS. Use the Sync feature to access your imported data on Android, iOS, and Windows.
How it works:
- Your logins and passwords stored in Enpass will be converted to Entry records in Codebook
- Codebook will place these entries in a Category named "Enpass Import"
- Your notes in Enpass will be imported as well, into a Category named "Enpass Import Notes"
The Enpass export file does not contain Attachments, so that data cannot be imported.
Step 1: Export your data from Enpass
Caution: You are about to export your passwords into an unencrypted file on your computer! We recommend temporarily disabling any backup software you use to avoid creating a backup of the unencrypted file.
- Log into Enpass Password Manager
- Click File > Export
- In the Export Panel, select .csv in the "Select Format of File" drop down menu
- In "Choose Location:" enter the location and file name and click Save
- Click Export
- You will be prompted to enter your Master Password. Enter it and click Continue to save the CSV file
Step 2: Import your data into Codebook
- Launch Codebook and sign in
- Select File menu > Import > Import Enpass CSV...
- In the Open dialog, select the file you generated using Enpass's Export feature and click Open to import your data into Codebook
Step 3: Clean Up
- Delete the unencrypted CSV export file from Enpass on your computer
- If you had disabled your backup software, resume it now
Now you're ready to get started using Codebook!
If you are having trouble importing your data or have other questions, please contact Codebook Support.