Codebook Release 4.4.0
October 6, 2021
Note: this version will not sync with earlier versions of Codebook, please update to 4.4 on all of your devices.
Changes in 4.4:
- Adds support for adding Image and PDF attachments to Entry records 🥳 🎉
- Updates Dropbox API
- Updates software updater to offer download, install, and relaunch on future updates
- Direct Download distribution format has switched to disk image (
- Adds new Remain Unlocked options to Password AutoFill, defaults to off
- Improves login speed on Main Window
- Fixes layout of Sync Info view (available under the Sync menu while holding the Option key)
- Improves error handling and cancellation during Desktop WiFi Sync
- Improves progress bar animations during Desktop WiFi Sync
- Improves progress bar animations and status message layout on Integrity Check
- Allows creating a new folder in the chooser panel for Local Folder Sync
- Fixes a hang (beachball) that could occur during login while resolving the selected Folder for Local Folder Sync
- Adds a Learn More button to the Integrity Check sheet that links to the improved Help page for the feature
- Fixes long-running operations with large amounts of data blocking the interface
- Adds a new progress indicator for long-running editing operations at the top of the Main Window content view
- Adds a confirmation prompt that is shown when setting Release Channel to Beta in Preferences, along with an option to join our Beta mailing list
- Fixes Touch ID not working on Magic Keyboards connected to non-laptops
- Fixes crash that could occur when launching a new Codebook database with a previously linked Google Drive account
Installing This Update:
- Download the update (It is now packaged as a disk image)
- Quit the current version of Codebook
- Double-click the
Codebook.dmg file you downloaded
- In the window that opens, drag Codebook into the
Future updates will offer to take care of this process for you!
If you have problems or feedback, please let us know. You can contact us directly at email@example.com and our discussion forum.
Thank you for using Codebook!